Event Date : 2019-03-15 - 2019-03-15
Submission Deadline : 0000-00-00
Venue : โรงแรมแมนดาริน สามย่าน กรุงเทพฯ
As today's social contexts are changing due to the emergence of several new technologies, our communication contexts have become increasingly multi-lingual and multi-cultural. English is taught and learned as an international language for many different purposes. English language teachers, educators, and applied linguists have encountered many challenges due to the dynamic nature of the language in the digital era followed by the changes in our language education system. To broaden our views on various dimensions of teaching and learning English in this digital era, the 2019 Post-RELC aims to share and provide different aspects of the English language teaching trends and language education policy which include such areas as material development, teaching techniques, assessment, and curriculum design.
Chulalongkorn University Language Institute (CULl) is aware of the importance of the development in effective approaches to teach English. The Post-RELC (Regional Language Center) seminar is part of its attempts to promote English language teaching and learning to teachers in Thailand. In cooperation with the Ministry of Education, CUL! organizes the seminar every year following the RELC annual conference in Singapore. The 54th RELC conference theme, "Teaching and Learning of English for Academic, Professional and Other Purposes in the Digital Era" discusses various dimensions of language education, and provides a platform for language professionals to exchange their views and experience concerning the related topics.
- Language education planning and policy
- Current perspectives in language teaching methodology and strategies
- Best practices in embracing creativity in language education and curriculum design
- Technological and pedagogical innovations in language education
- Dimensions of culture and society in language education
- Innovations and new pathways in language education
- Authentic assessment
- Teachers' beliefs and attitudes
- Teacher empowerment in language planning and implementation
- Current perspectives and practices in language teacher education
Organized by : สถาบันภาษา จุฬาลงกรณ์มหาวิทยาลัย